Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Help preserve Union Terrace Gardens

There's lots of info out there on the matter, but I thought I would add my voice to the mix.  I DO NOT support the City Square proposal; the removal of a beautiful green space in the centre of an otherwise rather grey town would pain me greatly.

Personally, I'd rather all they did to Union Terrace Gardens was improve access, host more events there and employ a park attendant or two, but if something must be built, the partial upheaval that the Contemporary Art Centre would cause is much more palatable to me than the utter obliteration which would result from the City Square.

If, like me, you don't want the City Square to go ahead there are things you can do.  Vote NO in any way you can (like in sneaky, one-sided public "consultations").  Another thing you can do is download the super-duper compilation album put together by local artists in support of the Gardens.  You can find it here: http://weheartutg.bandcamp.com/ and you choose how much you want to pay (minimum £1).  All proceeds go towards fighting against the City Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment