Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Proactive ISP support?

Well, I hit my first trouble with BE late last night, the connection went down but because I was about to go to bed anyway I just left it.  Two things happened.

1) It was working again in the morning
2) I received a text and an email from BE alerting me to the outage.

I have never seen the like before in all my life.  This is quite a shock to my system, having recently moved from Orange, where you had to virtually wring someone's neck before they'll A) admit there's a problem with their stuff instead of walking you through pointless diagnostics on your computer and B) actually get around to fixing the damn problem.

Have I mentioned before how utterly woeful and bereft of any technical nous Orange were in my 18 months with them?  I might have, but they pissed me off so much that I'll happily ward people off their broadband until the day I die.

To end on a positive note - yay for BE!

No comments:

Post a Comment