Monday, February 27, 2012

Photo a day 2012 (58/366) - The end of history


Photo taken in the Brewdog Pub, Aberdeen.  We went to a beer and cheese tasting session and had a great time, nice cheese, tasty and challenging beers with a friendly guide taking us on our gastronomic journey.  Here I am holding a bottle of "The End Of History" - the (second) last word in strong beer - a 55% freeze distilled beer.  I tried the "Sink the Bismarck" - 41% freeze distilled IPA, not too bad, better than the "Tactical Nuclear Penguin".

2 comments:

  1. I remember seeing those and noting the price (american, also probably inflated due to importing) and thinking I'd have to pass. Perhaps one day I can try it paying the local rate (and on a programmer's salary to boot).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't suppose the taxidermy came cheap either ;)

      I also don't think the local rate would have been much better 'cos -

      "If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
      If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
      If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,
      If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet."

      - as relevant today as it was in 1966. Well noted, George.

      Delete