Sunday, December 30, 2012

Neglect

It appears to me that I have become more and more insular as time has gone on.  I don't know what I do any more and I don't know who I do it with.  Have I forsaken my friends, or have they forsaken me?  For what it's worth, I accept part of the blame, for not being proactive, for not nourishing and sustaining friendships that have withered and I hope not died.  Blame is a strong word though, for I do not seek explanation, only a return to simpler times when involvement in activities was assured rather than cautiously asked for.

I am sorry for all the friendships I have let lapse.  I started to think that I was an inconvenience to others, and that it wasn't cool to invite myself round to your houses, that you all had busy lives that I didn't want to unbalance.  I hope this was a silly, groundless thought.

Next year, things are going to change.  I am going to make a pest of myself, and if you do mind then I'm sure you'll let me know, as you are my friends and I would like to think you would tell me straight.

Have a good Hogmanay, and I will be annoying you in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. Let us know when you are thinking of coming round so we can switch off the lights, sorry, switch on the kettle. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eejit! The good thing about great friends, is that even if they have been off radar for a while - they can re-enter your life at any point as though they were never away :)
      Our door is always open and you will always be welcomed!! You might just get pounced upon by the kids these days!!!! lol x

      Alexia

      Delete
    2. This, although without the kids option.

      Delete